Monday, May 12, 2014

.
* ~  *


from Annie Dillard:
"I am a frayed and nibbled survivor in a fallen world, and I am getting along. I am aging and eaten and have done my share of eating too. I am not washed and beautiful, in control of a shining world in which everything fits, but instead am wandering awed about on a splintered wreck I've come to care for, whose gnawed trees breathe a delicate air, and whose bloodied and scarred creatures are my dearest companions, and whose beauty beats and shines not in its imperfections but overwhelmingly in spite of them, under the wind rent clouds upstream and down.


Simone Weil says,"Let us love the country of here below. It is real..."
This blog is a place, like a plot of land. I have been away, long. Neglecting here, while tending a "there." What better thought to plant here now, or anywhere...

simply: Love.
Seize the day, the night, indulge your health.







Peace to all who enter here
.

9 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Phew! You have been away for a long time but I'm delighted to see you back tending your land. Happy planting! Annie Dillard is a great way to start.

Judy Shreve said...

Beautiful post -- glad to see you back too!

Seth said...

Welcome home. So nice to hear from you and read one of your beautiful posts :-)

layers said...

We tend our plots wherever we are at that time.. in the moment of wherever we are. Sometimes it is hard to get it all in. Annie Dillard has such beautiful words.

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh, you are back, but a few months ago and gone again. Love your Annie Dillard. I will explore her writings. I hope you have been well and happy and your days are filled with what you love.
roxanne

Judy Martin said...

Peace and love, they sound like hippie words, and they are.

But they are also true.

peace and love and truth to you, my friend.
x

mansuetude said...

Phew is right !

Thanks everyone. Returning to blog in summer, with so much happening, a romantic idea. Peace.

rivergardenstudio said...

I'm back to say peace to you as well. I don't blog as much any more, but I've loved knowing you here.
Happiest of autumns to you,
roxanne

Velma Bolyard said...

well, there you are...thanks for stopping by wake robin. and good wishes to you.